Friday, March 19, 2010

Hexagons In The Making

I am super psyched for the English Paper Piecing class I signed up for. Is it silly that I can't wait for tomorrow to arrive already??

In preparation, I pulled some fabric from my stash. I've been zipping around some of my favorite blogs for inspiration, and naturally ended up taking a lot of cues from Ashley at Film In The Fridge.

I love how fresh and modern her hexagon quilts look! (Well, and all of her quilts in general!) In particular, I love how a scatter of hexagons takes away the pain (or obligation) of making a thousand hexagons the way I'd have to for the traditional Grandmother's Flower Garden quilt.

Do any of you also find it helpful to evaluate if your fabrics work together by taking a photo beforehand? Taking a photo helps give my eye the distance or objectivity needed to see that in this instance, I'm missing a cool light blue or violet that's in more of a cornflower hue than the aqua prints I pulled.

Sadly, I don't have that shade in my stash and this means only thing. I'm going to end up buying more fabric. Good for my collection, bad for my pocketbook.

Note to self: Find a stash swap STAT!!!

- k

No comments:

Post a Comment